Thursday 14 January 2016

Suggestion Of The Week - Hijack - Doing What We Wonna Do


I like this. No I really do. It's a new Hijack tune innit? Maybe I prefer this to K-sly's recent solo stuff, especially his last effort. I have to say it was the beat that sold this one to me and not necessarily the lyrics. Once upon a time Hijack ruled the roost and not just this side of the pond either. And the lyrics K-Sly spat on original classics such as 'Hold No Hostage' and 'E=MC2" were some of the best at the time and remain so. Still, for me this is a worthy addition to my Hijack collection. I think they might be a little rusty after all these years and I do have one question. How come we don't hear DJ Undercover on here flexing the wax? I'm not 100% convinced by this comeback track but I do look forward to some subsequent releases in the near future. Please.



No comments:

Post a Comment