Thursday 30 April 2015

Art Of Noise - Into Battle


This was on my wants list for years and I finally purchased a decent copy for a fair price a few months back. I bought the UK release of 'Beat Box' back in '83 but it wasn't the version Ice T was freestyling to in the first Breakdance movie which disappointed me greatly at the time and I thought they'd made a special version just for Chris 'The Glove'. Not so as this is the jam right here using the
Oberheim DMX to full effect. The rest of the EP is alright I guess but I'm not that partial to any of the other tracks on here, might have been in '83 as they do capture the electro vibe pretty well considering they're no b-boys or b-girls. In fact judging by some of the comments on the sleeve I'd suggest they were up their own arses somewhat. But that said, you can't front on the fact that it's a def beat they made and if I ever come good on the lotto I'll get me one of those DMX machines and drive the missus nuts.

4 comments:

  1. Hey
    whats up with to the break of dawn site.....it keeps redirecting to something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say it'd been hacked mate. I can't do much about it I don't think, the admin needs to sort it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for Info . Hope you get it back up soon . Great blog mate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, no luck - I think the site is dead.

    ReplyDelete