Tuesday 21 April 2015

Jehst X Strange U - Dolph Lundgren


So, record store day came and went and this is how it went for me.
Decided to walk into the city centre with the missus and whilst doing so came across 'Spinning Discs', a new shop it seems, only about  a half mile from where I live and he had 'record store day' written on the window so I took a peek but he only had two Pulp lps in for RSD - something to do with how many hours you're open for in the week - so I went on my way but I will go back now I know it's there.
Arrived at 'Record Junkee', went upstairs to find the small room full of people but I managed to check out the 2 dozen or so 7"s that were there but it had gone already.
Went further up town to 'LP Record Store' and he had a list on the wall of RSD stuff and this wasn't on there but I checked out the 7" section anyway as the hope was still there but of course it wasn't.
Was ready for off but the snooker is on so I called in at the winter gardens to see if I could get on TV and Hazel had just finished a 'piece to camera' or whatever they call it and went and sat back down opposite Parrott and Davis. I watched for about two minutes and was on my way home when I remembered 'Vinyl Demand' who weren't on the RSD participating shops list but I went anyway but that was a wasted trip too so I went for the bus feeling a little fed up.
When I got home I looked on Disorda's fine website to find he was selling it and at the official price too so I ordered it from him and it arrived today.
All this made me realise that I don't really like record shopping any more. It isn't half as good as it used to be when I went two, sometimes three times a week and pretty much always came away with something. It's probably something to do with my age but I definitely liked it better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment